A gaggle of ten startups will spend the subsequent 13 weeks arising with modern caregiving options for growing old adults.
Melinda Gates’ Pivotal Ventures and Techstars unveiled the primary cohort for the brand new Future of Longevity Accelerator, a program that helps startups constructing services and products for caregivers.
Corporations vary from system makers to software program platforms. Seven of the 10 CEOs are ladies, and practically half of the founders are Black or Latinx. See the complete listing of corporations beneath, with descriptions from this system.
- Braze Mobility: Braze Mobility has developed the world’s first blind spot sensor system that may be connected to any motorized wheelchair, remodeling it right into a “smart” wheelchair. With Braze Mobility, customers can extra simply spot obstacles, serving to to cut back the dangers of damage and wheelchair harm and assist customers preserve their dignity and independence.
- Candoo Tech: Candoo Tech offers on-demand tech assist and coaching particularly designed to assist older adults keep secure, unbiased, and related. The corporate offers one-off periods, system setup, and ongoing assist for members trying to make use of expertise to attach with members of the family, attend telehealth appointments, and go surfing.
- Naborforce: Naborforce connects a community of group members, “Nabors,” to older adults for help with primary duties and social engagement. These “backup” little children tackle the caregiver scarcity whereas additionally serving to fight loneliness.
- UpsideHōm: UpsideHōm presents the one totally managed, shared residing choice for older adults to deal with the issues of loneliness and value of housing.
- ConnectCareHero: ConnectCareHero is an actions administration platform that allows the groups supporting senior residents to streamline state-required documentation, hold households simply related, and supply a spot the place they’ll plan curated actions.
- MemoryWell: MemoryWell is a digital platform that makes use of storytelling to enhance the care of older folks. Utilizing its community writers, MemoryWell works with households, senior residing communities, and home- and community-based suppliers to exchange consumption questionnaires with temporary, intimate tales designed to construct empathy and be poignant keepsakes for households.
- Rezilient Health: Rezilient’s robotic telehealth platform permits physicians to not solely present commonplace video visits, but additionally remotely management the positioning of medical units which can be positioned with the affected person at one other doctor’s workplace, pharmacy, or nursing dwelling, amongst different places.
- Rubitection: Rubitection is creating a pores and skin well being and wellness system to enhance detection, evaluation, and care administration of vascular and dermatological situations like mattress sores and foot ulcers for seniors at dwelling, in nursing houses, or in hospitals.
- Authored: Authored creates attire that’s thoughtfully engineered with discreet openings that adapt to physique wants and limitations. The startup’s clothes promotes and prolongs independence, permits safer dressing, and reduces stigma and accidents.
- Wysefit: Wysefit is a health app created particularly for older folks. Taught by licensed instructors and well being professionals, the app’s packages tackle the wants of individuals as they age—from stretches to assist with arthritis to workouts to construct muscle and cut back decrease again ache.